Saturday, August 23, 2014

Stay Up Late or Get Up Early? (2)

When I try to stay up late, I fall asleep while I'm working.
I usually feel so tired that I can't concentrate.
I'm more productive when I'm well-rested.

But what if you don't get up early enough to finish something?
Then you have to skip class or not finish the assignment.

I never save assignments until the last minute, so I make sure I have enough time.
When I know I have to go to class, I go.
And having gotten something done prior to class makes me feel better all day.

I just feel safer working on assignments in the evening.
Then I know I can take as long as I need to finish them.

Doesn't that make it easier to procrastinate, though?

Not really.
I admit I put off doing homework sometimes, but that can happen just as easily in the morning, right?

I suppose so.

Staying up late is also good for social reasons.
You know I sometimes talk with the girls in our dormitory until late at night.

Well, I'm glad staying up works for you, but I'm going to bed.
Good luck with the essay.

Thanks. Sleep well!


Info Cloud
Teaching Topic: A Few English Riddles (幾個英文謎)
essay 這個字會不會讓你連想到字母 SA,
有一個英文謎語就是問以下單字有什麼共同的地方:
decay (D-K), expediency(X-P-D-N-C), ivy(I-V)
這些字聽起來都像單一的英文字母組成的

Grammar Gym
I'm glad staying up works for you.
works for you = to give the result that is wanted
- Even though many people don't like the new computer software, I have found it actually works for me.
- This diet program works for Janice, but it doesn't mean it will work for everyone.

Language Lab
productive adj.
- This factory became more productive after installing the new machines.
produce v.
- This medicine produces serious side effects.

prior to
before
- George made all the arrangements prior to the trip.
- All passengers need to go through immigration prior to departure.

procrastinate v.
- People tend to procrastinate when facing difficult tasks.
procrastination n.
- Procrastination can make you lose some good opportunities.

essay n.
- The essay was wordy and hopelessly boring.
essay on
- I read an essay on lung cancer.


mms://203.69.69.81/studio/20140823baa38f01f3a9d1a752546c92d40bc542f9139bd111706af4f1460e65fb1b1169db9.wma

No comments:

Post a Comment