Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Mix-Up (Part 6 of 6) (2)

First, my name is not Erica. It isn't amusing to keep calling me by my character's name off camera. And secondly, what is your issue?

Be nice to him, Sally. It's not his fault you got into his taxi and not the prop one.

You mean he isn't the actor you hired to be the driver in the movie?

No, but I'm going to offer him a job here.

A job, sir?

Your driving skills really made an impression on me. We need another stunt driver. Would you be interested in working for our company?

You're offering me a job as a driver? Really? Uh... I would love to. I need to talk to my wife first, though.

No problem. Take your time.

Leo walked away to an area where no one could overhear what he was saying. Pulling out his cellphone, he called his wife and explained the situation to her. She was excited. He had been so tired of his job for so long, and this sounded perfect. He could take all the skills he had and use them in a fresh way. Leo grinned. He couldn't think of anything that could possibly be better.

Info Cloud
Teaching Topic: -ed or -ing? (-ed與 -ing字尾的差別)
-ed 字尾形容詞通常表達一個人的感覺
-ing 字尾形容詞用於表達一個人事物的特徵

Language Lab
amusing adj. [amuse v.]
funny and entertaining:
- It's amusing to see my daughter walking around the house in my heels.
- The movie is both amusing and educational at the same time.

stunt n.
a dangerous action that is done to entertain people, especially in a film;
something that is done to attract people's attention, especially in advertising or politics:
- The stunts in the movie were done by professionals.
stunt man n.
a man who is employed to take the place of an actor when something dangerous has to be done in a film
- The stunt man almost got hurt when he jumped out of the truck.

overhear v.
past tense and past participle overheard
to accidentally hear what other people are saying, when they do not know that you have heard:
- I overheard the couple's private conversation.
- The boy overheard his classmates saying bad things about him.

cellphone n.
cellular phone
- HTC's latest cellphone is quite popular among young people.
- Diana is on her cellphone now.


mms://203.69.69.81/studio/20141004baa356f52d64240ffba9ce1947a8ac2655db109f22031ceb9cd1df129f2f7cf1e31.wma

No comments:

Post a Comment