Saturday, August 24, 2013

Travel Troubles (1) (2)

There's always someone that you end up waiting for which slows down the whole tour. And in Europe you get dragged around to 16 different countries in one week and only get to visit tourist traps.

That's a slight exaggeration. There are some great tours out there. I choose ones that go to the places I want to go and do off-the beaten-path things.

But there's still the problem of following a strict itinerary.

I really appreciate that the tour company plans everything out. They help you make the most of your time.

True. But we want to explore on our own schedule.

Exploring at your own pace is nice, but what if you run into trouble?

We won't. I've traveled alone to many different places without any problems.

Traveling on my own seems dangerous to me. Besides, don't you get kind of lonely traveling and going sightseeing by yourself?

Not really. I've met a lot of very interesting people on my travels. Maybe you should join the trip that I'm planning with my friends. Then you can try traveling without a tour group.

Thanks for the invitation. But I'll have to think about it.


Grammar Gym
They help you make the most of your time.
to make the most of:
to get the most out of something
- You would need to budget carefully so you can make the most of your allowance.
- Make the most of your opportunity while you are overseas.

Info Cloud
contractions 簡縮, 省略的用法
I have- I've
do not- don't
that is- that's
will not- won't (早期拼法是用 wonnot;  沒加'wont 變成另一個單字:習慣)

Language Lab
exaggeration n.
to think of or describe something as larger or greater than it really is [+ obj]
ex- prefix: former, over
- To say this film is a disaster might be a slight exaggeration. It is just not very entertaining.
exaggerate v.
- I'm not exaggerating - the job interview was horrible.

itinerary n.
/aɪˈtɪnəˌreri/ 重音在ti
the places you go to or plan to go to on a journey
- Our itinerary was arranged by our travel agent.
- The next stop on our itinerary is Paris.

pace n.
the speed at which someone or something moves
- The fast pace of the city is too overwhelming for a new kid in town.
pace v.
to walk back and forth across the same space again and again especially because you are nervous [+ obj]
- Victor paced the waiting room while his wife was in labor.

sightseeing n. [noncount]
the activity of visiting the famous or interesting places of an area
- We joined a one day sightseeing tour in Tokyo.
- I wanted to go sightseeing, but my husband wanted to stay in the hotel.


mms://203.69.69.81/studio/20130823baa84f5e87029489e5e3afb3ee26c4e057ab14ebeed5e44262637e27b0938abee03.wma

mms://webvod.goodtv.tv/SC/20130824_9e98b.wmv

mms://203.69.69.81/studio/20130824baa02572c1e86a18904822d9eb35ee625ef35b583fd090f61724c46204002284dac.wma

No comments:

Post a Comment