Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Your Friends and Their Phones (2)

Andy: But just think about all the time people consume looking at their phones! It affects the restaurant's ability to serve its customers.

Betsy: Hmm?

Andy: Think about how long we had to wait for a table tonight. Maybe it's because customers are looking at their phones instead of the menu. Then they're taking pictures instead of eating.

Betsy: It might add a few minutes to the total dining time, but it certainly doesn't hurt a restaurant's business. Oh! Someone left a comment about my pasta.

Andy: I could give you an opinion if you'd ask.

Betsy: See? Posting things online leads to more conversations with friends. This way they can be a part of something I'm doing - even when they aren't physically with me.

Andy: What about the people who are with you? By spending so much time on your phone, it's like you're ignoring the people right next to you.

Betsy: Relax! I'm done. Almost. I got another comment!

Andy: Seriously?

Betsy: Just let me response to Shirley about my picture...

Andy: Go right ahead. I'm going to try to enjoy my now-cold meal!

Language Lab
consume v.
to use time, energy, goods etc
- Hybrid cars consume less oil than regular cars.
- That project consumed so much of our time and energy.
to eat or drink something
- In order to lose weight, you have to reduce the amount of food you consume every day.

pasta n. [集合名詞]
[uncountable] an Italian food made from flour, eggs, and water and cut into various shapes, usually eaten with a sauce:
- Drain the pasta and rinse it with cold water.
- My favorite type of pasta is lasagna.
- Mom prepared pizzas, hotdogs and pasta for my baby brother's birthday party.

physically adv. 實際地, 親自地
in relation to your body rather than your mind or emotions
- Even though I can't be with my child physically when I'm on a business trip, I will still talk to her a lot.
- A training is physically challenging.

seriously adv. 正經地, 不是開玩笑地, 嚴重地
very much or to a great degree
- You've not seriously thinking about quitting your job, right?
- The coastal area was seriously affected by the typhoon. 沿海地區


mms://203.69.69.81/studio/20150331baa41ac8195856ef68f9535ab64b2978718be10b14432b84b45ed90432faff67e77.wma

No comments:

Post a Comment