Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Leo, the Taxi Driver (2)

What do you think you're doing?!

Don't ask questions.
Just pull away from the curb and out into traffic, and no one will get hurt.

All right.
So where are we going?

I thought I told you not to ask me any questions!
For now, just keep driving straight until I tell you otherwise.

OK.

You're taking this all pretty well.
See that movie theater on the corner there?
Well, I want you to make a right there and drive this little taxi through that residential area to the highway.
Then you're going to drive me north and right out of the state.

Which road should I take?
That street will lead me to both of the freeways that run north out of California.

Why don't you just choose whichever roads will get me out of the state the fastest.

OK. Look. I have a family that lives here in San Francisco.
They'll be worried about me if they haven't heard anything for a few hours.

Do you mind if I just let them know that I'll be a while?

No, you may not. And stop asking me questions!


Info Cloud
Teaching Topic: Can a Car Be Pulled?
pull 開車
- pull up to the house 開到房子前面
- He pulled the car into the driveway.
- He pulled the car off the road.
- He pulled the car out of the parking lot.
- I got pulled over by the police today.
- Pull away from the curb and out into traffic.

Grammar Gym
Do you mind if I just let them know that I'll be a while?
be a while: to take a long time
- Why don't you guys go first? I'm still working, and it will be a while.
- Since it will be a while before the next bus comes, why don't you go get a snack?


Language Lab
otherwise adv.
except for what has just been mentioned
- Sarah has always believed that her husband was innocent and has never thought otherwise.
used when saying what would have happened or might have happened if something else had not happened:
- You'd better change your attitude. Otherwise, you might get fired.

residential adj.
a residential part of a town consists of private houses, with no offices or factories
- Mark's new house is located in a residential area of Chicago.
- This part of the city is undergoing residential zoning. No industry will be allowed here.

lead v.
to take someone somewhere by going in front of them while they follow, or by pulling them gently
- I opened the door that led to the basement.
- All roads in the amusement park lead to the castle in the center.

freeway n.
a very wide road in the US, built for fast travel [↪ motorway, expressway, highway]:
- The freeway system in Los Angeles is quite complicated.
- There's an accident on northbound Freeway 101.
highway 通常有紅綠燈

No comments:

Post a Comment