Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Consumer Conflicts (2)

I also like to shop in stores to support local businesses and the people who work in them. However, I have purchased a couple things from online auction sites.

Online auctions are so exciting!

What did you buy?

One time I bought an old book of myths that's not sold in stores anymore. I couldn't find it anywhere! When it came, it was just what I was expecting. I was so pleased.

That's the great thing about online shopping! You can find practically anything!

Yes. But not all my online shopping experiences have been good. Another time I bought a CD from an individual. On the website he said it was new, but it was all dirty and scratched when it arrived! I try to return it, but the person never replied to any of my emails, so I never got my money back.

What a scam artist! You do have to be careful when buying things online. I only buy from stores with good reputations. And when I buy from an auction, I only buy from sellers who have a lot of positive reviews.

Good advice! Now let me give you some advice - fashion advice! Let's go to the mall, and I'll drive!


Info Cloud
Teaching Topic: Going Local

go local (local adv.)支持本地的企業
go local的好處是讓錢留在本地,使本地的民眾、社區、學校及公共設施受惠,並增加在地的工作機會。研究顯示:每五次消費中,只要一次是go local,就足以抵銷外地消費,因此,只要不超過這個比率,就可以幫助在地企業
- I also like to shop in stores to support local businesses. 指go local

Language Lab
auction n.
a public sale at which things are sold to the people who offer to pay the most
- I bought this painting at an auction.
我在一個拍賣會上買到這幅畫
put something up for auction
The house is being sold at auction. = The house is up for auction.
- The couple put all their furniture up for auction because they are moving.
這對夫妻因為要搬家,將所有的家具拿去拍賣

practically adv.實際上、幾乎、事實上
almost or nearly
- Practically everyone in the company was at the boss's wedding.
公司裡,幾乎所有的人都去參加老闆的婚禮
practical adj.實用的、可行的
relating to what is real rather than to what is possible or imagined
- Unfortunately, this invention has no practical use.
不幸地,這個發明並沒有實用性

scam n.騙局、詭計 scam artist騙子、詐騙高手
/ˈskæm/
a dishonest way to make money by deceiving people
- This insurance scam involves many people.
這個保險詐騙事件涉及許多人
- Alex's pathetic scam was soon discovered by his parents.
Alex可憐的騙局很快的就被父母發現
- The scam artist always targeted elderly people.
這個詐騙高手總是以老年人為目標

reputation n.名聲、名譽
the common opinion that people have about someone or something : the way in which people think of someone or something [count]
- The law firm has a very good reputation.
這家法律事務所有非常好的聲譽
- As a teacher, Tanya has a reputation for being strict.
身為老師,Tanya以嚴格著稱
- The charity campaign successfully promoted the company's reputation.
這項公益活動,成功地提昇了公司的聲譽


mms://webvod.goodtv.tv/SC/20131119_98f3a.wmv

No comments:

Post a Comment