Saturday, January 19, 2013

Getting Started(2)

Ben: I guess making a business plan would help me think through all of those details. I'm more worried about the financial aspects of starting a business, though. It can take a long time to make a business profitable. How will I keep the lights on?
Bob: Your business plan should help you with that in a couple of ways. First it should predict what your operational costs will be and now many sales you need to make your company profitable.
Ben: That would be a good indicator of how viable my business idea is.
Bob: Right! The other thing is that you will need a business plan if you are going to attract investors. get business loans or even government grants.
Ben: All right, but how do I go about writing a business plan?
Bob: There are plenty of online resources to help you.
 Most libraries also have books that walk you through the steps of writing a plan.
Ben: So if I write a business plan, what do you think the outlook for my business will be?
Bob: A good business plan will answer that question far better than I can. Ben. Let's get some more coffee.
Ben: That sounds good!

Info Cloud
Company, family, crowd, army, class, police, people, nation, party, team, mankind, cattle...etc. are called collective nouns(集合名詞).
集合名詞作總稱用時,使用單數動詞指所有成員時,使用複數動詞。
* The orchestra was playing.
管絃樂團正在演奏
* The orchestra have all gone home.
管絃樂團的團員都回家了

Grammar Gym
to go about=> to set something
* How do I go about writing a business plan?
* How do I go about getting information for this report?
* How do I go about applying for the position?

Language Lab
aspect n.角度、方面
* When you design a new car, you always have to consider the safety aspect.
當你設計一台新車時,一定要考慮安全方面。
* You can look at the painting from different aspects.
你可以用不同的角度來欣賞這幅畫
viable adj.可行的、可實施的
* The old pay roll system is no longer viable.
原來發薪水的系統,現在不可行了。
* The health program is no longer financially viable.
這個健保計畫就財務上是行不通的
grant n.補助款、補助金  v.給予、准予
* The project receives grants from various foundations.
這個計畫收到不同基金會的捐助
* My boss granted my request for an extended leave without pay.
老闆答應我延長留職停薪的時間
outlook n.展望、前景
* The general outlook for our company is better than our competitors.
我們公司各方面的前景比其他的競爭者好
* The economic outlook of this country is bleak.
這個國家的經濟前景非常暗淡

No comments:

Post a Comment