Tuesday, August 18, 2015

2015-08-14 Heat Exhaustion or Heat Stroke? (1)


  • Too much sun
  • What is heat exhaustion?

Be cautious when spending time in the sun

"She has heat stroke. We need to get her to the hospital."

I was on the ground, unaware of what was happening around me. My body was hot. My head pounded. Within a few minutes, I was on my way to the hospital.

My collapse happened last year in the heat of the summer. I, along with thousands of other athletes, had gathered in Taipei for a running competition. Halfway through the race, I started to feel dizzy.

Info Cloud
Teaching Topic: A Particular Hospital?
Hospital前要加冠詞嗎?
這就要看你是用美式還是英式英文,
美式英文: the hospital
- We need to get him to the hospital.
- He is in the hospital.
英式英文:
- We need to get him to hospital.
- He's in hospital. 他住院
但英式英文要注意,
如果是在醫院工作或是去探病,
就要加上定冠詞,
- I was in the hospital.

Language Lab
pound v.
to hit (something or someone) with force again and again
- Someone was pounding at our door last last night.
- The man suddenly pounded the table with his fist.
to beat loudly and quickly
- My heart was pounding when the earthquake happened.

brutal adj.
/ˈbruːtl̟/
extremely cruel or harsh
- The fugitive is a brutal and reckless criminal.
fugitive n.
/ˈfjuːʤətɪv/
a person who is running away to avoid being captured
- The brutal murder disturbed the whole nation.
brutality n.
/bruˈtæləti/
cruel, harsh, and usually violent treatment of another person
- The novel depicts the brutality of the war.





mms://203.69.69.81/studio/20150814baaae8ac161a460522e96deb88e146c847232017a1f522c5e2850c28ad5aecd5d0f.wma

No comments:

Post a Comment